T cells from Transgenic TCR mouse v.s. T-T hybridoma

Kenneth Frauwirth kfrauwir at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 15 16:40:51 EST 1999

In article <ZMED3.10$n4.13344 at rockyd.rockefeller.edu>,
Kang Liu <kang.liu at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I am trying to CD8 T cells from OT-I transgenic mouse (using T cell
>proliferation assay)and B3Z T-T hybridoma (measure IL-2 activation), both of
>which recognize the same epitope SIINFEKL on Kb molecules. Which system is
>more reliable?

I've never used OT-1 T cells, but the B3Z system is very reliable, and
extremely sensitive (it can detect femtomolar concentrations of the
peptide).  Its sensitivity, ease of use (colorometric CPRG assay) and
speed of readout (usually visible in under 30 minutes from time of adding
reagent) made it the gold standard in the Shastri Lab.

Ken Frauwirth

Ken Frauwirth (MiSTie #33025)  kfrauwir at midway.uchicago.edu
Abramson Cancer Research Institute
University of Pennsylvania