Self vs. non self

Pierre sonigo at
Sat Sep 25 17:34:46 EST 1999

Jamie Cunliffe <cunlij at> wrote: 7shto1$g7r$1 at
> In article <ant231159313Pk=+ at>,
>   Mike Clark <mrc7 at> wrote:
> > It all depends how complex an answer you want!
> Or how simplex an answer you want! The underlying principle might be
> exquisitely simple.
> Jamie
> Home pages

I agree that  the complexity of self non self (or danger models) is
unacceptable. Sorry to mention my own work.  If you want something different
about self non self, based on the simple idea that immune cells eat antigens
that represent precious metabolic resources, you might visit

(Cells don't care about us and just optimize (by selection) their access to
food present in the antigens)