Anti-MHC-peptide complex antibodies??

Kenneth Frauwirth kfrauwir at
Thu Sep 30 12:30:10 EST 1999

In article <7sv492$hfi$1 at>,  <ladasky at> wrote:
>In article <Pine.OSF.3.91.990929165822.20662A-100000 at>,
>  nsharma at IMTECH.ERNET.IN (Naresh Sharma) wrote:
>> Has anybody raised antibodies against MHC-peptide complex ?
>> reply to
>> naresh76 at
>There are many anti-MHC antibodies that recognize MHC complexed with
>Or do you mean to ask whether there are antibodies against *specific*
>peptides bound to *specific* MHC molecules?  Well, no, there are none of
>those.  There are a few antibodies which recognize portions of the alpha
>helices plus an amino acid or two of the peptide, but that's as specific
>as they get.

There is an antibody called Y-Ae, generated by Rudensky/Janeway, which
recognizes a peptide from the I-E alpha chain complexed to the I-A(b)
molecule, and another called 30-2 generated by Morkowski/Rudensky, which
recognizes a peptide from murine invariant chain bound to I-A(b).  I
believe there is also an antibody against the SIINFEKL/K(b) complex.

Ken Frauwirth

Ken Frauwirth (MiSTie #33025)  kfrauwir at
Abramson Cancer Research Institute
University of Pennsylvania