Magnetic Beads

Paula Lavery plaver at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 17 13:35:31 EST 2000

Have you tried microbeads from Miltenyi Biotech? (no affiliation) They are
much smaller than the traditional beads (ex. Dynal). We never had any
success with the larger beads but now routinely use the microbeads with no
problems. Check their web site at: www.miltenyibiotec.com .

Good luck!

Paula Lavery
Transplant Immunology Lab.
Royal Victoria Hospital
McGill University
Montreal (QC) Canada

"If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
-- Albert Einstein

    "Chris Weir" wrote in message <003a01bfa5af$75330140$0400a8c0 at cweir>...
    Hi All,
        I was wondering if anyone had any experience with putting spacers on
magnetic beads?
    Basically I want to put a spacer between the bead and the Mab as we seem
to be getting steric
    hinderance.  If anyone could recommend some good spacers I would be very
grateful.

    Thanks in Advance

    Chris Weir
    Research/production Scientist