Magnetic Beads

Andrew Hall andrew.hall at virgin.net
Tue Apr 18 12:38:10 EST 2000

Paula,

Slightly off thread but can I ask what you were using the Dynal beads for
and if you know why they were not succesful. I have been using dyna-beads to
seperate out T-cells and APC populations and I usually find the cells
aggregate by the time I have finished the procedure. From 40x10(6) PBMC I
usually am lucky to recover 2x10(6) T-cells. If MB have a better system I
would be interested.

Andrew Hall
University of Aberdeen
andrew.hall at virgin.net

Paula Lavery <plaver at po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote in message
news:TPIK4.418$iK6.74789 at carnaval.risq.qc.ca...
> Have you tried microbeads from Miltenyi Biotech? (no affiliation) They are
> much smaller than the traditional beads (ex. Dynal). We never had any
> success with the larger beads but now routinely use the microbeads with no
> problems. Check their web site at: www.miltenyibiotec.com .
>
> Good luck!
>
> Paula Lavery
> Transplant Immunology Lab.
> Royal Victoria Hospital
> McGill University
> Montreal (QC) Canada
>
> "If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research, would it?"
> -- Albert Einstein

<003a01bfa5af$75330140$0400a8c0 at cweir>...