Magnetic Beads

Robert Jensen rjjensen at inav.net
Thu Apr 27 19:14:29 EST 2000

We routinely seperate lymphocytes (most often from murine spleen or bone
marrow) depletion of B cells, CD4, CD8 or some combination. We do both
depletions and positive selection.

I have no experience with the MACS system purifying PMNs. but have
purified PMNs from murine peritoneal exudate 4-6 hours after injection
of Casein. If I recall corectly at the 65% percoll interface we acheived
very high purity for PMNs.

I would expect that the MACS system could be used for purifying
netrophills but your concern about whether it might "effect" them is
well founded.

good luck
rjj