ID of glycoproteins by MALDI-TOF?

sroff at sroff at
Thu Dec 28 20:06:59 EST 2000

I am trying to identify integral membrane proteins
 from human cancer cells recognized by monoclonal
 antibodies that we have developed. We are
 performing immunoprecipitation, separating the
 proteins by SDS-PAGE, performing in-gel digestion
 with trypsin and sending the samples for MALDI-TOF
 analysis. Many of the proteins are glycoproteins.

 Do we need to remove the carbohydrate chains
 sometime before MALDI-TOF analysis?

 Our main purpose is identification of the proteins
 (antigens) rather than studying post-translational

 Steve Roffler

Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica

Sent via