Monensin v BFA

Wallace Lauzon wlauzon at
Fri Mar 17 11:17:51 EST 2000

I haven't actually done any intracellular staining for cytokines, however,
it was a hot topic on the Purdue Cytometry Mailing list a while back.  I
believe that the consensus was that the choice between monensin and BFA
depended upon the cytokine in question.  It would probably be helpful to
check out the mailing list archive at

Wallace Lauzon, PhD
Dept. Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology
University of Ottawa
451 Smyth Rd
Ottawa, Ontario
K1H 8M5