Lyme Disease Conference for Health Professionals Nov 11 in San Francisco
Phyllis C. Mervine
pcm at pacific.net
Wed Oct 18 18:15:18 EST 2000
UNDERSTANDING LYME DISEASE
Risk, Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment
November 11, 2000 California Pacific Medical Center
9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 2333 Buchanan Street
4 CME/CEU San Francisco CA
Public forum following, see below.
· Lucia Hui, M.S., Senior Public Health Biologist, CA Vector Borne
Lyme Disease in California & a Personal Account
· Robert Lane, Ph.D., Professor of Entomology, University of California,
Ecology & Epidemiology of LD in California
· Brian Fallon, M.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Columbia
Neuropsychiatric Manifestations of LD in Children & Adults
· Raphael Stricker, M.D., Internal Medicine/Hematology, Union Square
Diagnosis & Treatment
· Jyotsna Shah, Ph.D., Vice President of Research, IGeneX, Inc.
Laboratory Testing for TBD's
OBJECTIVES: Participants will be able to:
· estimate the risk of acquiring tick-borne diseases (TBDs) in CA.
· state the ecology of ticks and what stages are most infectious.
· describe how to avoid LD and other TBDs.
· identify the tests used for diagnosed TBDs.
· identify the spectrum of manifestations of LD.
· rate the options in the clinical management of TBDs.
· develop strategies for dealing with difficult cases.
· explain the neurological & psychiatric manifestations of LD in
children & adults
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Physicians, Dentists, Veterinarians, Pharmacists,
Nurses, Vector, and Auxilliaries.
CA DHS is an approved provider of continuing education for:
· Vector 4 units Category C continuing education units
· Pharmacists 4 units by the Accreditation Evaluation Service of the CA
· Physicians 4 units Category 1 CME credit towards CA Medical
· Nursing 4.7 CEU contact hours
· Dental 4 units by the California State Board of Dental Examiners
· This course meets the requirements for 4 hours of continuing education
credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB's RACE approval program,
· California Department of Health Services
· California Pacific Medical Center
· Lyme Disease Resource Center
· SmithKline Beecham
· IGeneX Inc.
· SCS Limited
For more information contact: (650) 964-6356 or www.lymedisease.org
Formatted registration form is available on the website.
Discipline: (M.D., vector)
Telephone ( )
FAX ( )
Amount enclosed $ ___________
Tuition does not include parking fees.
Physician, Dentist & Veterinarian
$65 Pre-Registration (Received prior to Nov. 3rd )
$85 Registration (Received after Nov. 3rd )
Medical Student, Nurse, Pharmacist, Public Health Officer, Veterinary
Tech, Physician Assistant & Dental Auxiliary Tuition
$55 Pre-Registration (Received prior to Nov. 3rd )
$75 Registration (Received after Nov. 3rd )
For 3 or more persons from one office/agency registering at the same
time, reduce tuition by $10.
Please make checks payable to: LDRC.
Mail to: Lyme Disease Resource Center
P.O. Box 707
Weaverville CA 96093
PUBLIC FORUM FOLLOWING - 3 - 4:30 pm, same location, suggested donation
$5. Registration begins at 2:30pm.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 274 bytes
Desc: Card for Phyllis C. Mervine
Url : http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/bionet/mm/immuno/attachments/20001018/0a5fb84a/pcm.bin
More information about the Immuno