mAb glycosylation

Tom Barr mdp96tab at
Mon Oct 30 12:56:39 EST 2000

Hello all,
    I write requesting advice regarding monoclonal antibody
glycosylation. I'm aware that different mAbs have different degrees of
glycosylation, and that the same mAbs, produced under varying conditions
can display various levels of glycosylation. My question is this, can a
mAb be non-glycosylated and is their an assay (preferably simple and
quick!) to determine the presence/quantity of carbohydrate moieties on
mAbs ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Tom Barr (mdp96tab at
Division of Genomic Medicine (F-Floor)
University of Sheffield Medical School
Beech Hill Road