Elisa's

Mark Haynes Mark.Haynes at Mail.TJU.Edu
Thu Jun 14 15:04:37 EST 2001

Hi all,
 Does anyone have any experience putting ELISA's together for testing
biological samples (serum and joint fluid)?  I seem to recall
conversations where it was stated that most elisa's are developed with
culture supes in mind and sera doesn't always perform as well.
 We have been trying to get an il-17 elisa going and we recently relized
that while its great for the standard's in pbs/tween if the il-17 is
spiked into serum there is no signal?  And unfortunately we haven't
found a supplier that sells an antibody pair for making a kit (ie no
quality control).
Are there blocking steps that could be a problem?
We know that bio-source sells Easia kits for bio-samples but there isn;t
any mention of one for il-17?
thanx
markH