H-2b T Helper epitopes

Ian Davis Ian.Davis at ludwig.edu.au
Thu Sep 27 03:20:13 EST 2001

On 26 Sep 2001 19:21:56 GMT, kfrauwir at mail.med.upenn.edu (Kenneth A
Frauwirth) wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:42:37 +0100, Simon Frost
><Frostie.Football at btinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>    I am interested in using H-2b restricted helper epitopes in  a mouse
>>model. Is there database of epitopes in existence, or are any characterised
>>for OVA and HEL.
>
>I don't know about an epitope database, but there are at least a few
>characterized H-2b helper epitopes.  Probably the best-studied is the Y-Ae
>epitope, in which a peptide from the I-E-alpha chain is presented in A(b).
>In addition, HEL(74-88)/A(b) is recognized by the T cell hybridoma BO4H9
>(see Karttunen and Shastri, PNAS 88:3972).  There is also an invariant
>chain epitope (CLIP) that can be presented on A(b) to the T cell hybridoma
>24-2 (Morkowski et al., JEM 182:1403).
>
>I hope this helps,

No, I'm sorry, this is completely unhelpful.  I was unable to detect
any method for Making Money Fast, porn, mailing to 10 gazillion email
addresses, porn, visiting some adolescent's kewl 31337 web site, porn,
a request to send a card to a kid with a brain tumor, porn, or
anything else that is the usual type of post in a bionet.* group.
It's a Sad Day when people like you feel forced to keep completely on
topic in a group like this and to impose prompt, topical and helpful
advice on us.  Imminent Death Of Usenet predicted.

Ian.