antibody storage!!

Dinakara R.Ampasala ampasaladr at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 12:29:49 EST 2002

Hi!
I am Dinakar working as Post doctoral fellow at Great Lakes Forestry Centre
in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. I got a  little problem in antibody storage,
recently ( four months back) I have receievd some anti body vials (10-15ml,
ploy clonal rabit serum) for our purified protien from one local company,
and I stored them at -20, they worked very well when I received.

      Last week I used for hybridization, none of them working and I shocked
to notice its pH at about14.

          I failed to understand howcome its pH raised to 14? is there any
possiblity to chenage its pH by contamination or is there any possiblity to
another person involvement in that ( excuse me). I am totaly lost, because
when I checked with company people they told antibody pH should be between
7-8.

         Please help me to understand how come its pH changed to 14.

Looking forward to hear from you.
With warm regards!
Dinakara R. Ampasala.