antibody storage!!

Dinakara R.Ampasala ampasaladr at
Fri Apr 26 12:29:49 EST 2002

I am Dinakar working as Post doctoral fellow at Great Lakes Forestry Centre
in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. I got a  little problem in antibody storage,
recently ( four months back) I have receievd some anti body vials (10-15ml,
ploy clonal rabit serum) for our purified protien from one local company,
and I stored them at -20, they worked very well when I received.
      Last week I used for hybridization, none of them working and I shocked
to notice its pH at about14.
          I failed to understand howcome its pH raised to 14? is there any
possiblity to chenage its pH by contamination or is there any possiblity to
another person involvement in that ( excuse me). I am totaly lost, because
when I checked with company people they told antibody pH should be between
         Please help me to understand how come its pH changed to 14.

Looking forward to hear from you.
With warm regards!
Dinakara R. Ampasala.