Ab binding conditions

murkaX at hotmail.com murkaX at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 04:23:29 EST 2002

Hello!

I'm very new to working with antibodies so I apologise if I sound ignorant.  I'm trying to investigate whether the expression of a certain gene (expressed in the mammalian cell line) is affected by serum IgG.  I attempted to incubate the cells with serum at 37°C for 24 hours and got a slight increase in expression.  This made me think about whether I should incubate for longer or maybe purify IgG?  Also, my cells are transiently transfected so maybe I should try stable transfection?  Is anyone doing similar experiments?  All ideas will be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Greetings

Kate

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_immunology&begin=0