Pre-absorbing Polyclonal Ab's

g9610820 at campus.ru.ac.za g9610820 at campus.ru.ac.za
Tue Nov 19 10:43:46 EST 2002

Hi all.  I have raised polyclonal Ab's to my protein of interest (which was purified using a C-terminal His-tag) in a rabbit, and I seem to have co-purified some of the E.coli protein, as I am getting lots of non-specifics on my WB's.  I have heard that you can pre-absorb your Ab's against the proteins from E.coli to remove the non-specific Ab's (ie the Ab's specific for E.coli proteins), but I am not sure how to go about this.  Does anyone have any protocols for me?  Thanks.

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_immunology&begin=0