Immunoprecipitation...

FreD f.boal at iecb-polytechnique.u-bordeaux.fr
Wed Oct 23 04:26:40 EST 2002

Hi all!

i am a phd student (bordeaux, France;) and i have some problems with
an IP. My protein is about 30kDa, and the dimer is about 60kDa. So i
have some problems to see them on SDS-PAGE (thanks light and heavy IgG
chains!).
I can't link my antibodies to proteinG-Sepahrose. I heard a system
with a filter which can absorb the antibodies: bacteriae produce your
antigen (Myc in my case), you can fix the extract on a filter and
incubate it with your eluate from the IP. the antibodies will absorb
themselves on the filter, and with several filters you can eliminate a
large amount of antibodies...

Do you know something about this protocol?

Many thanks for your advice!

FreD.

(sorry for my english, i hope you understand me;)