mitomycin C

Kenneth A Frauwirth kfrauwir at mail.med.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 25 12:21:05 EST 2002

On 25 Oct 2002 11:07:45 -0000, d.stober at apovia.com <d.stober at apovia.com>
wrote:

>I want to set-up a cyotoxicity assay. Therefore I need stimulator cells
>for my splenocytes. So, does anyone has a protocol how the proliferation
>of the stimulator cells (tumor cell line) can be inhibited by mitomycin C
>(because I have no access to gamma-irradiation of the cells...) ?

I incubate the cells with .05 mg/ml mitomycin C in culture medium for 3 hr
at 37C, then wash thoroughly.  You may need to optimize the incubation
time for your cells (I've done it with P815 derivatives).

Good luck,

Ken Frauwirth

Ken Frauwirth  (MiSTie #33025)   kfrauwir at mail.med.upenn.edu
Abramson Cancer Research Institute
University of Pennsylvania
http://mail.med.upenn.edu/~kfrauwir
"Science in those days worked in broad strokes.  They got right to the
point.  Nowadays it's just molecule, molecule, molecule."
                                                     The Tick