mitomycin C

Kenneth A Frauwirth kfrauwir at
Fri Oct 25 12:21:05 EST 2002

On 25 Oct 2002 11:07:45 -0000, d.stober at <d.stober at>
>I want to set-up a cyotoxicity assay. Therefore I need stimulator cells
>for my splenocytes. So, does anyone has a protocol how the proliferation
>of the stimulator cells (tumor cell line) can be inhibited by mitomycin C
>(because I have no access to gamma-irradiation of the cells...) ?

I incubate the cells with .05 mg/ml mitomycin C in culture medium for 3 hr
at 37C, then wash thoroughly.  You may need to optimize the incubation
time for your cells (I've done it with P815 derivatives).

Good luck,

Ken Frauwirth

Ken Frauwirth  (MiSTie #33025)   kfrauwir at
Abramson Cancer Research Institute
University of Pennsylvania
"Science in those days worked in broad strokes.  They got right to the
point.  Nowadays it's just molecule, molecule, molecule."
                                                     The Tick