Tris & PAGE

s.hannier at abdn.ac.uk s.hannier at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 11:28:31 EST 2002

Hi Andrew,
Tris is the same as trisma:  is NH2C(CH2OH)3.
If you do tris-hcl page gel, then, no matter you use tris and then add liquid HCL to reach the good pH or use directly tris-HCL : the result will be the same.
Some people use tris-acetate gels or bis-tris gels which are different from tris-hcl gels but I don't know about them...
You may ask people from Biorad or forum for electrophorese/protein, they may know more about that.
Sigrid

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet.immunology&begin=0