Mouse monoclonal antibody

Nanci E Donacki captainnanci at
Wed Sep 11 15:46:47 EST 2002

There is no reason why you can't attach the peptide to a protein carrier
such as KLH or ovalbumin to increase the immunogenicity.  Yes, you will get
antibodies to the protein as well, but you need to make sure your screening
assays are specific for the peptide, you should be okay.
Another suggestion, try hamsters instead of rats.  DNA is also an option,
although the gene gun approach seems to be more successful than im
injections of DNA.

"Daniele Focosi" <mi at> wrote in message
news:e794ccc8.0209111128.5ddb060b at
> I would like to suggest you to prove DNA immunization for better
> results. Anyway please note I'm just a PhD student and I have not real
> experience with such a technique apart from literature results !
> Please let me know.
> Best regards.
> Daniele
news:<3d78af5a$0$10685$4d4eb98e at>...