Cross-reactivity of antibody to totally unrelated antigen

teerachild at teerachild at
Wed Apr 9 05:38:43 EST 2003

I have one big problem to share with you guys. I did the experiment to identify Cry4B toxin binding proteins in mosquito larvae by western blotting. Well, I found that the anti-Cry4B polyclonal antibody cross-reacted with brush border membrane proteins (BBMP).  In my opinion, I think the proteins cross-reacted with the antibody after they were digested by endogenous proteases. Do you think it is the good explanation. I want to hear comments from you guys.
Thank you so much. ;)