Endotoxin Removal

EK nobody at elnino.com
Wed Jul 9 17:55:54 EST 2003

"Langzhou Song" <langzhou.song at vaxinnate.com> wrote in message
news:36676c0a.0307091413.2799794f at posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have problems with endotoxin contamination from protein purified
> from E.coli. Any suggestions on how to control endotoxin level at
> early stage and how to reduce and eventually eliminate endotoxin from
> the protein prep? What are the most commonly used procedures? What
> tricks can be used to finally eliminate endotoxin? Thanks!
>
> Langzhou

The only solution I know is to purify the protein to homogeneity = eliminate
contamination. At least you should try several purification methods to
figure out which one gives you the least amount of enditoxin. Each case will
be different. Knowing what is the compound that you call endotoxin would be
also helpful in designing a strategy. It may turn out that you protein
itself is the endotoxin.
Emir