ELISA Problem

Jason Bubier jbubier at jax.org
Thu Aug 12 15:21:05 EST 2004

Hello,
    I am doing an ELISA assay for a cytokine in the serum of mouse. My
standard curve looks great (4000-63 pg/ml) but it is undetectable in all
serum samples EVEN when I spike the sample with 250 pg/ml of cytokine which
works fine in the standard curve! Colleagues have suggested this is due to
interfering factors from the serum. I have performed dilutions of 1:10 and
1:4 but still no detection. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to
what parameters I should vary. I was referred to "The Immuno Assay" by
David Wild which I don't have but am ordering. If you have the book let me
know what it says about controlling interfering substances.

Thank You
Jason Bubier

---