immunologica recognition

Sangita sangitacs at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 13:56:25 EST 2004

Hello Donald ,
               responding to ur question...
I have cloned kchip-2 which have 8 isomers and with immunological
detection (western blot)these different isomers giving different
intensity of bands to the anti-kChip2(commercial),even after using
equal amount of protein.Can u tell me the reason of such recognition.
Now i have another question regarding western blot back ground.
My primary Ab is Human serum of DCM patient and i am getting very dark
background,i tried with different blocking reagent with different
percentage
( 5%BSA,1% tween and also with 10% milk with 1%Tween),couldn't solve
it.How can i reduce the background?

sincerely
sangita