[Immunology] would you please do me a favor about my research

r94223035 At ntu.edu.tw via immuno%40net.bio.net (by r94223035 At ntu.edu.tw)
Tue Dec 12 09:51:48 EST 2006

Dear Stacy:

I have a guestion about protein concentrator. Would you please do me a favor?

I concentrate protein in  dilute solution by putting it in a dialysis
bag(Cellu.Sep.H1 MWCO 5000),sprinkle AQUACIDE III over the bag, and
leave it overnight at 4 degrees.  Next morning, I received the clear
solution and precipitate and both of them were no signals on SDS-PAGE.
Both of them had UV absorption spectra at wavelenth 280nm. I also
dissolved Aquacide III which is outside the bag in water and it had UV
absorption spectra at wavelenth 280nm. Could Aquacide III outside the
bag pass through the membrane? If it could pass through the membrane,
what's wrong with my procedures? And how to improve it?

Thanks for your helps
Regards,
National Taiwan University,
Chemistry Department