[Immunology] MACROPHAGE CELL LINE

LMundkur At wockhardtin.com via immuno%40net.bio.net (by LMundkur At wockhardtin.com)
Fri Dec 15 01:40:11 EST 2006

I have been using the mouse macrophage cell line J 774 for the analysis of
intracellular activity of anti bacterials against S aureus. I am using RPMI
with 10% FBS for the cell growth. I observe a  change in the morphology of
the cell line  as we passage them in vitro. They are spindle shaped to
circular to begin with, but become highly differentiated with star shaped
apperance with multiple granules. Is it a normal phenotype? Can anyone
tell me the exact morphology of these cells?  and also the difference
between j774.1 and j774.2 cells
thanks
lakshmi

Please Visit our New Corporate Web Site www.wockhardt.com
Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wockhardt Ltd. and/ or its Group Companies
and/or,its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.