Journals and Reviewers

FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Wed Jun 2 17:00:21 EST 1993

In article <C7z0Fr.3uL at ncifcrf.gov>, toms at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov (Tom Schneider)
says:

>Just what is the exact situation with PNAS?  How easily can somebody
>in the academy get a paper published without review?

    We had a debate on PNAS on this Bulletin Board several months ago. The
conclusion seemed to be that Members had an inner track to publishing, but
most U.S. scientists who responded thought this was OK. It should be noted that
the UK Royal Society Proceedings are open to all.

                         Sincerely, Don Forsdyke