Science Article on Electronic Publishing among Physicists

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Mon Mar 8 15:17:18 EST 1993

>  But my overall feeling is that the proposers are not really biting the bullet
> Why not set up a fully fledged primary electronic journal?

Find us some editors (who could convince authors to submit manuscripts
too!) and we'd be glad to.  To date it has been hard enough just to
find discussion leaders for newsgroups (you all never see the
inquiries that I get that just fade away later).  This is why we are
"not biting the bullet;" there has been no bullet to bite yet.  An
abstract newsgroup would allow us to proceed given the current level
of involvement on the net.  So far I'm getting rather mixed signals
from the readership on this however.  Most of the discussants are the
usual crew with just a smattering of new names.

Dave