Science Article on Electronic Publishing among Physicists

FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Mon Mar 8 17:29:09 EST 1993

In article <Mar.8.12.17.18.1993.8971 at net.bio.net>, kristoff at net.bio.net (David
Kristofferson) says:

>>  But my overall feeling is that the proposers are not really biting the     t
>bullet
>> Why not set up a fully fledged primary electronic journal?
>
>Find us some editors (who could convince authors to submit manuscripts
>too!) and we'd be glad to.
>Dave
          Whether you have Abstracts or a fully-fledged electronic journal
          you are still going to have readers who want to CITE what they
          read. Perhaps the first step is to agree on some way of citing the
          electronicmedia which is in line with the way we cite the paper media
          Authors will submit IF they know that their work will be cited. They
          will NOT submit if there is no simple way of citing their work in the
          paper media. You will recall David that I have previously suggested a
          citation format by which a day is a "volume" and a second is a "page"
          This communication could be cited as:
               Forsdyke, D.R. (1993) Bionet.jrnl.note 308, 1729est.
                                      (The est should be corrected to gmt.)
                        Sincerely,   Don Forsdyke