Science Article on Electronic Publishing among Physicists

David Kristofferson kristoff at
Fri Mar 12 14:16:22 EST 1993

> Not "impose", but you are as well placed as anyone to do two things
>            First,contact the people who are responsible for this delightful
>            software we are using (?Linda Littleton and Bill Verity of Penn
>            State Centre for Academic Computing) and ask whether in the next
>            release it would be possible to include an extra more user friendly
>            message identification tag at the top of the message (along the
>            lines of the one I suggest, which is immediately recognizable by
>            readers of the paper literature).

What software are you referring to above?  We are probably all using
*different* newsreaders.

>            Second,contact an editor of a paper journal and find when they are
>            holding their next Editors' Convention. Get yourself invited to
>            address them on agreeing on a suitable format for citing the
>            electronic media.

I'll look into this but I don't have travel money that I can use
solely for this purpose.  Fortunately these meetings often coincide
with major scientific gatherings.

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				kristoff at