publication quality photos from autorads Q.

steven heckt shecht at lamar.ColoState.EDU
Mon Nov 8 11:13:17 EST 1993

I am trying to put together autorads from southerns for papers, but have
found our photo services have a hard  time with them. We are not set up
very well for taking our own pictures but I need some guidlines from the
net. options would appear to be:
	1. Take a picture of the autorad on a light box and use that print
	to put on the labels etc and take a second picture. Any advice on
	the film type and exposure?

	2. Take a positive direct print with Kodak EP film and proceed as
	above. I have done this, but feel I lose resolution.

	3. Scan into a computor, label in photoshop or such, and print from
	here. But the thermal prints are $8 each here, and you would need
	several for the article submission.

	I realize people do this all the time, but I am the only one in my dept,so I appreciate a smidgen of advice specificly on southern type autorads.
	thanks.
	ZZ