New Service for Bioscientists

BOB SIMON simon at news.cc.geneseo.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:56:00 EST 1993

In article <Nov.18.20.09.21.1993.4201 at net.bio.net>, kristoff at net.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes...
>Unless this is a free service, which I doubt seriously, you have just
>violated Internet regulations.  I don't want to see another posting
>like thison the BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups.
>
>				Sincerely,
>
>				Dave Kristofferson
>				BIOSCI/bionet Manager
>
>				biosci-help at net.bio.net

I am not so sure.  I just finished looking at tables of contents from
the Springer Preview Service - they also sell access to abstracts from their
journals.  As far as I understand from the original posting, TOC's and
abstracts are free for searching and there is a cost for getting articles.
Frankly, there is a lot being given free here.  Perhaps we have a grey area
here.

Bob Simon

Please note:  I have no involvement with Bioline Publications.