New Service for Bioscientists

BOB SIMON simon at
Fri Nov 19 12:56:00 EST 1993

In article <Nov. at>, kristoff at (David Kristofferson) writes...
>Unless this is a free service, which I doubt seriously, you have just
>violated Internet regulations.  I don't want to see another posting
>like thison the BIOSCI/bionet newsgroups.
>				Sincerely,
>				Dave Kristofferson
>				BIOSCI/bionet Manager
>				biosci-help at
I am not so sure.  I just finished looking at tables of contents from
the Springer Preview Service - they also sell access to abstracts from their
journals.  As far as I understand from the original posting, TOC's and
abstracts are free for searching and there is a cost for getting articles.
Frankly, there is a lot being given free here.  Perhaps we have a grey area

Bob Simon

Please note:  I have no involvement with Bioline Publications.