IMPORTANT - NEW TIBS/BIOSCI PROJECT!!

Tue Sep 28 17:29:15 EST 1993

We are pleased to announce a new joint project between the Elsevier
journal Trends in Biochemical Sciences (TIBS) and BIOSCI.

Starting in the November issue, Paul Hengen, the NIH researcher who
maintains the FAQ for the BIOSCI METHODS-AND-REAGENTS newsgroup
(bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts), will edit a monthly column for TIBS
consisting of highlights of messages originally posted to the METHODS
newsgroup.  Each column will focus on a few topics of interest.  The
topics for the first issue will be ultrasonic DNA ligations and
contamination of thermocycling machines by 35-S.

This effort represents an exciting new step combining hardcopy and
electronic publication, and we hope that it will be well-received by
the readers of both media.

Sincerely,

Jo McEntyre and Tim Hunt, TIBS
Paul Hengen, NIH