Multiple simultaneous submissions

canderso at canderso at
Wed Jan 5 17:24:21 EST 1994

     Regarding a case of multiple submission, Don Forsdyke asked:

     >Were copies of the letter sent to the Office of Scientific Integrity
     >at the NIH (in the case of a US author)?

     I'm intrigued by your response. Do I understand correctly that you
     consider multiple submission to be outright scientific misconduct?
     What sanction would you propose? Debarment? Suspension from
     eligibility for federal funds?

     BTW, OSI no longer exists. It is now the Office of Research Integrity
     at the department of Health and Human Services. And it only handles
     allegations of misconduct in research funded by the Public Health

     Christopher Anderson
     [No element of this post should be construed as anything but the
     personal views of the author.]