Searching NEW journal listings

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Mon Jul 25 01:07:30 EST 1994

A few months ago, I brought up the issue of searching journal contents
lists, but my posting didn't generate a response then.
Now that bionet.journals.contents is being further expanded (i.e. more
journals) I thought that I'd bring it up again.

While there is a mechanism in place for searching the entire
bionet.journal.contents archive, what I'd like to do is be able to easily
search just the most recent lists (e.g. one months worth).  That way, I could
set up a regular search profile.

Even better would be some way of registering a set of search keywords and
using this to filter each journal contents posting separately.  This might be
a bit cumbersome to have each user register his own filter, but I think it
would be reasonable to set this up for individual newsgroups.  For example, I
am discussion leader for bionet.photosynthesis.  It would be nice to register
a set of keywords and then have any photosynthesis-related titles
automatically posted to the bionet.photosynthesis newsgroup.

Any comments or other suggestions?

__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763