Hyphenation!?

Mr. M. Kuiper mkuiper at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 07:34:11 EST 1995

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me why a hyphen is used in the following
expression: 75-kDa? I have found this way of using molecular
weights in quite a number of journals and it irritates me!

Is the next step going to be expressions like 5-cm, 2.56-mg?

Could these hyphens be removed please, unless editors could
give me a good reaseon for including these ugly things.

Call me picky, but I would be interested to see the reason
behing this.

Thanks,

 Marcel Kuiper              		King's College School
						 of Medicine & Dentistry
 	                    		Department of Molecular Medicine
 Fax:   44-171-733 3877	    		Rayne Institute, 2nd floor
 Email: mkuiper at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk  	123 Coldharbour Lane
        rchz103 at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk    	London SE5 9NU, UK

     'The first myth of management is that it exists'. Murphy's Law.