Pressure to salami publish

FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Tue Apr 25 20:50:13 EST 1995

   With newsprint prices increasing 60% (why I wonder?), we can expect
 increasing pressures from Editors to shorten our papers. The result will
possibly be increased "salami publishing".     In the past authors have been
criticised for increasing their output of papers by seeking the MPU (minimum
publishable unit). It seems that they will now be spurred on to this by
Editors. Roll on the day of the electronic journals!
Don Forsdyke
Discussion Leader. Bionet.journals.note