Nature on CD-ROM

FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Fri Jul 14 15:31:20 EST 1995

    The 29th June issue of Nature comes with a trial CD-ROM containing all
issues from 1992-1994. Running under windows one can judge the fidelity of
Figures, etc. It is very close to the paper version.

Clearly we are now in a new ball-park. The all electronic library is
at hand. There are obvious problems relating to copy-write,etc. The whole
business can evolve by independent inititives, or perhaps some central
guidance/coordination will be necessary?

    Does anyone know whether the NIH has a committee looking into the subject?
I am here thinking about the NCBI which is under NIH auspices and provides an
immensely valuable service FREE to the world!
Sincerely,  Don Forsdyke
Discussion Leader,
Bionet.Journals.Note