Thanks to anonymous reviewer

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at
Wed Nov 1 08:51:12 EST 1995

In article <95303.163231FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA>,
   <FORSDYKE at QUCDN.QueensU.CA> wrote
>... Let us all begin to
>identify ourselves in our reviews...and the we can take the credit in
>the Acknowledgements sections if our reviews are useful.

I've often thought that the reviewer should provide a short introduction
explaining the importance of the paper he has approved. This would give
a way for the reviewer to become formally and publically associated with
the paper. It would also ensure reviewer responsibility.
If this was adopted, we could rate journals by the caliber of their

Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763