Prior publication

Andrew Fell ahfell at netmatters.co.uk
Mon May 5 20:10:18 EST 1997

Do any journals have formal policies on what constitutes prior
publication of data on the Internet? I think conference posters would
make good web documents (see
http://www.netmatters.co.uk/users/ahfell/flying.htm), and I would like
to set up a site to display posters from a conference later this year.
However, after some initial enthusiasm, the organizers seem to have got
cold feet over the prospect of data being declared as "previously
published" if they hang it up on a website instead of a felt board.
Any journal editors like to comment? If this discussion has raged
already, someone point me to the archive.

Andy Fell