Junk mail

Donald Forsdyke forsdyke at post.queensu.ca
Mon Jul 13 09:00:20 EST 1998

Yes, this is not a monitored newsgroup. You will have to cope with some
junk mail. However, there is a positive side to junk mail. It is a
guarantee that if someone out there has something they want to say it
will reach you, the reader, and not be filtered out by some well-meaning
monitor.

   This is not a minor point. Monitoring should be just the removal of
junk mail, but some monitors go further than this. Sadly, censorship is
alive a well in the Bionet newsgroups. I have some expertise in
evolutionary biology, but my occasional brief comments to the
appropriate newsgroups have not alway appeared. Maybe there was some
computer gliche. If there had been junk mail on the groups at least I
would have known that censorship was unlikely to have occurred.

                         Sincerely, Don Forsdyke