Moderator bias

Donald Forsdyke forsdyke at post.queensu.ca
Tue Jul 28 08:45:34 EST 1998

We do not have a moderator in Bionet.journals.note. The presence of junk
mail is deplorable, but is at least an indicator that discourse in
unfettered. On the sci.bio.evol bulletin board there is a lively
discussion on moderator bias. Recently, I posted a reply to the
bionet.immunology board, which is also unmoderated. The initial message
had included a moderated AIDS bulletin board, so the reply got sent
there as well. The moderators rejected my posting. You can judge for
yourself, the validity of their rejection decision: