Why we need CIHR???

forsdyke forsdyke at post.queensu.ca
Tue Jan 19 10:06:44 EST 1999

Hello,
      Agreeing with all the points made so far by CARRF members, I would
add that this seems to be another example of the USA knowing best. The
syllogism seems to be:

      The USA has a "National Institutes" system. The USA research
system is highly productive. Therefore, if we set up a "National
Institutes" system, we will be productive! Q. E. D.

      If we are going to copy, perhaps we should copy in the proportion
of our gross national product spent on research?

Sincerely, Donald Forsdyke