Open Archiving: What are researchers willing to do?

D Forsdyke forsdyke1 at home.com
Fri Nov 19 17:39:41 EST 1999

Well, it may be a coincidence, but today came a FAX from Elsevier saying
that permission is now freely granted (subject to appropriate
acknowledgements). I am enquiring whether this is a GENERAL shift in
policy, or whether others, like me, can expect to have to press Elsevier
for a year before obtaining permission. There may be some light at the
end of this tunnel!

Sincerely, Donald Forsdyke. Discussion Leader Bionet.journals.note
                                              Bionet.immunology