NIH Release

blades at novagate.com blades at novagate.com
Fri Sep 10 15:33:10 EST 1999

Congratulations to all who worked so hard to get on-line publishing and
archiving of peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed articles.

There are some undesirable features of the NIH scheme, but it's a better
start and sooner than I'd expected.

Though I'd have preferred the government not involve itself with the
development of on-line publishing and archiving of life science
documents, yet the resultant scheme seems workable to me as unlearned as
I am about the area.

I especially appreciate the detailed and well reasoned efforts by Prof.
Stevan Harnad of the Univ. of Southampton.
--
Bruce Macdonald
Spring Lake, Michigan