blades at blades at
Sat Jul 1 11:42:37 EST 2000

You can get abstracts from the U.S. National Institutes of Health,
National Medical Library using their search engine, Internet Grateful Med

Full text articles from some journals are available on line.  The only
single source I know of, and it's not comprehensive, is the British
Medical Journal site at  In truth, I've not tried to
get full text articles from them, just noted that they had begun open
posting of a number of journals.

The U.S. National Institutes of Health has an electronic journal web
site, but I don't know if anything is posted there yet.  I think
everyone's still arguing about how to make money off free access.  There
might be info at,
or some other nih page.