(fwd)California Digital Library: Eprints (beta) successfully installed

Stevan Harnad harnad at cogito.ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 12 05:17:57 EST 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:12:28 +0100
From: Ken Weiss <ken.weiss at ucop.edu>
To: SEPTEMBER98-FORUM at LISTSERVER.SIGMAXI.ORG
Subject: California Digital Library: Eprints (beta) successfully installed

We have successfully installed the Southampton E-print software
http://www.eprints.org/software.html
at the California Digital Library.

It is fully functional. We have successfully uploaded and downloaded
papers, including PDF formats.

We are composing a note to Robert Tansley with our comments on the
installation process, the documentation, and a few suggestions for
changes/enhancements.

All in all, I think we owe a debt of thanks and some hearty
congratulations to Stevan Harnad and Robert Tansley.

We will be testing the software over the next few months, but our
preliminary impression is very favorable. This package appears to work
really well.

Ken Weiss                                              ken.weiss at ucop.edu
California Digital Library Technologies            (510) 710-3356 (voice)
UC Office of the President                           (510) 763-2471 (fax)
1111 Franklin Street #7313B          ken.weiss.pager at ucop.edu (text page)
Oakland, CA  94607-5200