Nature on self archiving (fwd)

Stevan Harnad harnad at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 10 15:46:54 EST 2005

Nature is already a full-green publisher: It has given its official
green light to its authors to self-archive both their unrefereed
preprints and their peer-reviewed postprints at any time, if they wish
to do so:
http://npg.nature.com/pdf/05_news.pdf

Nature now announce that -- over and above this green light to its
authors to self-archive if/when they wish to do so -- they are
adding an *encouragement* to their authors to do so (six months
after publication). This is certainly a welcome further impetus to
self-archiving.