Ds alleles of color genes in W23 or W64A

Matt Evans mmevans at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 13 20:53:17 EST 1998

I am using one of transposed Ac stocks generated by Hugo Dooner to try to
tag a gene.  However, I need to converge the Ac into a particular inbred
background to be able to see the phenotype of interest.  I was wondering if
anyone had seeds (and could share) of either bz1-m2(DI)::Ds or r-m3::Ds in
either a W23 or W64A inbred background (M14 or A158 could also work but
would not be ideal).  Alternatively,  I could use a stable bz1 allele in
one of these inbreds if available and converge the responding bz1-m2::Ds
allele along with the Ac from the stock from the coop.
Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Evans
Laboratory of Genetics