info request

Roberto Tuberosa tuberosa at pop.agrsci.unibo.it
Thu Jun 25 16:25:36 EST 1998

Accompanying request, received at MaizeDB, forwarded to the maize net.

To whom this may concern.

I am interested in finding information on the availability of Elisa kits to
detect the presence of the Bt protein and the protein conferring resistance
to glyphosate in transgenic maize? Alternatively, I wonder if primer sets
specific for the genes encoding these proteins might be available. In case
you do not have this information, and you know someone who may provide me
this type of information, I will greatly appreciate if you could suggest
the name of the person to contact.

Also, I would like to know if you are aware of studies comparing the
characteristics of transgenic soybean vs. non-transgenic soybean in terms
of alimentary properties for humans and feeding properties for livestock.

Finally, I am looking for the E-mail address of Dr. CL Armstrong at
Monsanto. I have used the address reported on the DB
(charles.l.amstrong at monsanto.com) but it did not work. I wonder if you may
have an updated version.

Many thanks for your kind collaboration.

With best regards.

Sincerely yours.

Roberto Tuberosa
(Associate Professor in Biotechnology applied to plant breeding)

Dipartimento di Agronomia
Via Filippo Re, 6
40126-Bologna
ITALY