Mapping data involving W22

Ed Coe ed at teosinte.agron.missouri.edu
Fri Apr 2 10:46:56 EST 1999

We would be more than pleased to provide on MaizeDB,
molecular-marker mapping data that specifically involve W22,
if data are available.  If population data with W22 as one
parent have been published, I am not aware of the source.
This is a request for genome-wide data if possible, and for
any localized mapping data.

The point: For various good reasons, W22 inbred line is
often used as a source for mutants and clones, or as a
"standard" line against which mapping is done to localize a
target.

Actually, more precisely, the inbred line is the
**Wisconsin-derived W22 R-scm2** in most studies, though
probably other conversions or derivatives are being used.
If the W22 parent is 90% or more W22 genome, data should be
useful.  A number of Cooperators have asked for SSR
screening data on this inbred, which prompts this net
request.

Please let me know, or post to the net, what data you may be
able to provide that involve this line.  Ideally, users need
the identity of the two parents, any side history on the
pedigree of the W22 parent, size of the population, map
scores (and band sizes) for any and all markers, and
identity of person(s) to whom credit is due.

If any lab has produced a set of RI lines with W22, you can
rest assured that the community will be interested in that
resource as well.

You may be aware of possible data sources with colleagues
who do not subscribe to the net, in which case please pass
this request on.  Thanks much.

Ed